5 Performance Interns. 2 Production Interns.
Piercing Word’s internship program exists to IGNiTE passion for the Word of God in the heart of the Church by training disciples in areas of Spiritual Growth, Theatrical Production, and Professional Administration so as to better equip young artists to be excellent servant leaders in their churches and respective work environments.
Piercing Word is a non-profit ministry and meets the requirements for many college-credited internships and Christian service programs. Interns will work 40 hours a week. Housing and a small monthly stipend are provided.
- Interns will attend a weekly Bible study led by Piercing Word staff
- Interns will meet with a spiritual mentor each week for prayer and
- Interns will meet with a peer each week for spiritual accountability
- Interns will learn and perform various Piercing Word scripture
- Interns will tour to various locations (locally and nationally) on a weekly
basis as representatives of Piercing Word
- Interns will learn to lead Scripture memorization workshops
- Interns will take master classes in acting offered by professionals in the
- Interns will learn and use the Piercing Word audio board for various
Piercing Word scripture presentations
- Interns will learn how to stage manage Piercing Word productions
- Interns will tour to various locations (locally and nationally) with
performance teams on a weekly basis as representatives of Piercing Word
- Interns will take master classes in theatrical production offered by
professionals in the industry
- Interns will shadow members of the Piercing Word staff on a weekly basis,
learning secondary skills relevant to their fields of interest. Skills include:
Team Management, Office Administration, Script Arrangement, Social
Media in Business and Bookings Coordination
- Interns will cultivate leadership as they learn to lead each other in prayer,
Bible study, worship, and various other spiritual disciplines.
- Interns will take an active role in leading high school and middle school
students in Piercing Word’s Summer Camp
Got questions? Call us!
Brad Myer is very excited to join the Piercing Word team as an IGNiTE intern! He was born and raised in Lancaster, PA, he is a recent high school graduate. He has been performing in local professional and community theatres since age seven, including Sight and Sound Theatres, Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre, Cavod Theatre, Lancaster Bible College, and Servant Stage Company. Brad has also performed previously with Piercing Word in their productions of James, 1st John, Jonah, and Christmas Through the Ages. As an intern, he will be performing in Ecclesiastes, Sermon on the Mount: The Musical, and Jonah, as well as other Scripture Performances. He is very thankful for this opportunity to grow as an actor and serve the Lord with this outstanding ministry.
Lizzy (Elizabeth) Steele is thrilled to be a Performance Intern with Piercing Word this summer! She is currently studying Theatre Studies and Elementary Education in Baltimore, MD, where she was born and raised. She has been performing in full-scale Musical Theatre productions since age 7 and she is now embarking on a mission to learn how theatre can be used in ministry to reach the lost and speak God's love to both the saved and the unsaved. She is recently engaged and is planning a wedding for summer 2019. Lizzy attends the Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Annapolis (PCA) in Annapolis, Maryland and her favorite pass-times include singing with the National Christian Choir, volunteering in her community, and spending quality time with loved ones and new friends.
Pilisa Mackey is so excited to be working for Piercing Word as a Performance Intern this summer! She is currently a sophomore student at Lancaster Bible College pursuing a BFA in Musical Theater. Her previous credits include The Bird Woman in LBC’s Mary Poppins as well as Guard 1 in The Magic Flute this past April. Currently when she is not working hard in rehearsals and planning for this internship, she is a part of the Hunchback of Notre Dame Musical currently playing at the Fulton. This is her first summer in Lancaster and she is grateful to the Piercing Word Staff for giving her a chance to glorify God with performing arts!
"This internship gave me hands-on experience in many areas and grew my skills as a communicator through performance, writing, social media, and other means. It expanded my understanding of what’s involved in running a small non-profit, and I’m entering college with a clearer vision of what I will do with my degree."
Liberty University ‘21
Acting Intern 2017
Pequea High School ‘17
Stage Management/Audio Intern 2016-17